May 24th, 2011
Moose was going to Pawz at Play for his "trial run". For some reason your Mom thought it would be a good idea to have him try a new dog school for when you were born (we had a scheduled induction for June 2nd at 2pm). I dropped Moose off at 9am and had to pick him up at 11. I went home and took a nap :) When I went to pick up Moose, they shared that he passed with flying colors! I didn't think that would happen. Of course I had plans to eat lunch with Grandma. We were going to go to Spin, but I did not feel very good so Grandma got us carry out. I had a doctors appointment at 2 so after I finished eating Moose and I headed home, we wanted to get a little nap in before our appointment. Grandma had said she would try to meet us at Dr. Magee's office but had an appointment. Before I left for my appointment I had to have some ice cream! I would need to eat something high in sugar each week before my appointments. The three of us had a very routine nap schedule in the afternoon. We would nap each day from 1-4. So to help you guys be more active for my sonogram I had some ice cream.
When we got to Dr. Magee's office I could not get ahold of Grandma, I just assumed it would be us. As we were getting in the elevator she called and said she was here! (Thank goodness) Your Dad went to all of our monthly appointments, but when I had to start going every week I wanted your Dad to save his vacation days for when you arrived. And we all know how "flexible" Grandma's schedule is so she joined us :) Anyway, we got our sonogram and you scored a 10/10! There is a bio physical profile (BPP) we did every week (the last month of my pregnancy). Everything looked great and I told Grandma that you would not be coming early. Secretly I was ready for you to come out, I was very uncomfortable. As soon as Cynthia, the nurse called me back she weighted me (I always got nervous for this) then she took my blood pressure. In the past I had gotten nervous about my weight and it would cause my blood pressure to go up. After Cynthia took my blood pressure she said, "This cuff must be broken, I'll get a new one". I looked at Grandma and said we are going to have some babies! My blood pressure was HIGH! Oh and I was very swollen! When Dr. Magee came in he informed me that he believed I was getting pre-eclampsia (high blood preesure) and we would be delivering you either Wednesday or Thursday (this was a Tuesday). He wanted to send me over to the hospital for a 24 hour observation. During the time that Dr. Magee was talking to me, Grandma called your Dad and told him to meet us at the hospital. I think he was very nervous! So Grandma and I headed across the parking lot to check in at the Labor and Delivery center.
When we arrived at L&D we got checked in and Called Grandma Janis, Aunt Debbie, and Marci to let them know that we would be having you in the next two days! We finally got settled into our room. Dad came to check on us and then went home to get Moo taken care of and pack us a bag. Your Mom was too stubborn to pack a bag, I was not going to have you early. I did however have your bag packed. While Dad went to get things taken care of Grandpa Dave, Uncle Jim, and Aunt Amy came to visit us. Uncle Jim never goes to the hospital so I knew he was excited to meet you. After we watched the Nightly News everyone left to go home for the night and Dad came back with Taco Bell. Dad and I had a fun evening of letting everyone know that you were on your way soon.
That evening your Dad and I were very nervous. Not only were we nervous for your arrival, but there was a severe thunder storm warning. Two days before Joplin Missouri was hit with a horrible tornado and everyone was very nervous about the weather conditions. The nurse warned us that we should be prepared to have to go out to the hallway should a tornado warning be issued. Your Dad and I never thought this would happen. I did not get much sleep that night, the nurse had to come in every hour to check my blood pressure and check on you guys! No tornado that night, thank goodness! The next day we were not sure yet what the plan would be if you would be coming that day or the next so I sent Dad to work for the morning. I think he called and emailed about a million times to check on us! The nurse finally came in about 10am to tell me that Dr. Magee scheduled the c-section for 4:30 that evening!
Aunt Amy had volunteered to stop by our house to pick up a lot of my stuff that should had been packed up earlier. Grandma came by the hospital before she had to go to a show. Grandma brought me my last pregnancy meal, a glazed chocolate sprinkle donut and a big bowl of fruit! I had cravings for both and they were bot yummy! After Grandma left the weather turned, very stormy. Aunt Amy called and said the tornado sirens were going off at our house and she was headed to our basement. Mom's friend Lynnae texted to say that all of the students at mom's school were in the basement too. Next thing I know I am in the hallway of the hospital for the tornado warning. The tornado came very close to my school but luckily there was no damage. (It was a busy day!) Finally, I got showered, Aunt Amy brought my stuff, Dad got off work and I was ready for surgery. All of your Grandparents arrived too!
At 4:30 Dr. Magee came back to get your Dad and I. I was so anxious to meet you! Hayden was "Baby A" and born at 5:06 pm. Hayden you weighed 6lb 9oz and 17'' long. Hudson you were "Baby B" and born at 5:07pm. Hudson you weighted 5lbs 11oz and 17'' long. Dad brought you both over to me as soon as you were wrapped up. You both screamed out as soon as you were born, it was truly the best sound I have ever heard. You boys were born at 36 weeks 4 days. Everyone was so surprised at how big you were for being early. Hudson you opened your eyes right away. Hayden you did not open your eyes until Friday. (That I saw) When the nurse measured you the next day Hayden was 18" and Hudson was 19".
Hayden Alan Hayes
Hudson Davy Hayes
Hayden
My Boys
Hudson
We got to come home Sunday morning the 29th of May. Mom and Dad celebrated their 6th Anniversary in the hospital, best Anniversary I have ever had. We are so happy to have you in our lives, you make us the happiest people on earth!






















No comments:
Post a Comment